Feed-In Tariff

The Feed-In Tariff is closing

The scheme is closing for new installations after the 30th of March 2019. Find out more from Ofgem.

Feed-In Tariff - How to apply

Welcome to ENGIE’s Feed-In Tariff Hub. Here you’ll find useful information about how the Feed-In Tariff works and how to arrange your plan through ENGIE, whether you’re applying for a new FIT Plan or moving your existing plan to us.

Renewable sources

At ENGIE we’re firmly committed to decreasing carbon emissions by increasing the amount of energy that is generated from renewable sources. That’s why all the electricity we supply to our customers comes from renewable sources, such as solar or wind farms. 

We think it’s great that more households and businesses want to generate their own green electricity, this is why we provide you with straight forward, easy access to the Ofgem’s FIT scheme, which rewards you for generating green energy.

Having your FIT plan with ENGIE makes life easier, as you can manage all your energy in one place. You won’t need to flit between suppliers when checking your bills or statements as everything will be linked to your ENGIE account.  

We look forward to having you on board.

If you need any information regarding the Feed-in tariff, please contact FIT.Enquiry@engie.com or by phone at 0113 284 5404.



Download our FIT Terms & Conditions

Return address 


or alternatively via post:

The ENGIE FIT Team, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds LS12 1BE

What is the Feed-In Tariff?

If you have energy generating sources at your home or business, like solar panels or wind turbines, a Feed-In Tariff (FIT) will pay you for the energy you generate and the excess energy that flows back into the grid. The Feed-In Tariff is a government scheme which is accessible via Energy Suppliers.


How do I qualify for a Feed-In Tariff?

If you’re an ENGIE customer and you have an accredited Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certificate provided by your installer, or are an ENGIE customer with ROO-FIT accreditation, you can apply. Details of MCS accredited installers can be found on the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) website. 

You’ll then need to register your details with us by completing our FIT application form.

Most of the information you need to complete the application will be in your MCS certificate.

You can find out more about generating your own electricity by visiting Energy Saving Trust website


Completing the FIT form

The FIT form won’t take long to complete but will ask for specific details throughout. It will be helpful to have the following information to hand:

  • Your ENGIE Account number
  • Supply MPAN number
  • Your Bank Details
  • The details of your Generation meter (make, model, eligibility read)
  • The details of your separate Export meter (if applicable)


Additionally, we will require the below documents:

  • MCS certificate or ROO-FIT accreditation email (as applicable)
  • EPC certificate (where you have a solar installation)
  • A photo of your generation meter(s) from the day we receive the application
  • Copies of documents that can help us verify your identity and address (e.g. bank statement and passport)
  • Copies of documents that evidence ownership of the installation


The details in this FIT Application form are needed for ENGIE to set up your Feed-In Tariff Plan and validate your application. The form is based on the information we are required to collect and provide to the regulator, Ofgem, who manages and oversees the FIT Scheme.


What is Micro-generation?

Micro-generation is the production of heat and power on a small scale by individuals or communities. In many cases, energy is produced for single homes, or shared living spaces. The energy is typically renewable, sourced from solar, wind or biomass.


What is an MSC certificate?

A Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MSC) certificate is an internationally recognised quality assurance scheme that certifies both products and installation companies, ensuring Microgeneration products are installed to a high standard.

You need to provide an MCS certificate number as part of your application for FIT, to confirm that your system has been installed in line with the MCS installation standards.


What is an MPAN Number?

An MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) is a unique number linked to an energy meter. You’ll find it on your bill. It’s sometimes called a ‘Supply Number’ and is different to a customer reference number.


What’s the difference between ‘Generator’ and ‘Nominated Recipient’?

If you are the owner of the Microgeneration system, you are the ‘generator’ of the energy. If you choose somebody else to receive the tariff payments or benefits, they become the ‘Nominated Recipient’.


How do I know if I’m on-grid or off-grid?

If you get electricity from the National Grid and you have an MPAN number then you’re ‘on-grid’. If you live in a property with no electricity (other than what you generate), you are likely ‘off-grid’.


What type of export payment do I want?

You have 4 options:

Deemed Export (Most popular with domestic customers): This is where we estimate the amount of generated units you have added to the National Grid – this is currently estimated at 50% of your total generated units, or 75% for hydro systems (more details at www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/renewable-energy/electricity/solar-panels/feed-tariffs).

Metered Export: Mandatory if you have a registered export meter. Records exactly what is exported to the grid.

No Export: If you’re off-grid, this is the payment type for you.

PPA (Power Purchase agreement – large scale generation): If you install a large system (over 100 kWh) then we may be interested in buying your exported power from you at an increased rate.