Bereavement Support – What to do if a friend or family member has passed away
ENGIE are here to help
ENGIE are here to help at this difficult time.
If you’re making arrangements after the death of a friend or relation who was an ENGIE customer, please let us know as soon as possible so we can help and give you as much support as we can. The sooner somebody can let us know about this the better, we can then make sure bills and emails will be sent to the appropriate person.
We know paperwork isn’t the most pressing thing on your mind at the moment, so we'll do all we can to make the process as easy as possible.
Our friendly Customer Care team is here to help you as much as we can.
We may need to ask you a few questions, relating to the account, so it will help to have these details to hand when you call:
- your relationship to the deceased
- the customer's energy supply address and ENGIE account details
- the date the person passed away
- an up-to-date meter reading (see here how to read your meter)
- a copy of the death certificate
- a contact phone number for you
- details about who'll be responsible for the account moving forwards