The whole process usually takes about three weeks from start to finish. When you join, we get in touch with your current supplier straight away to start the switch. Then we send you a Welcome Pack. A few days before the switch, we’ll ask you for a meter reading.
The sooner you let us know about your move, the better. Give our Customer Care team a call on 0800 280 8000 and they'll help guide you through the process.
Once you've settled in your new home, take a look at our guide for help on getting it energy efficient and cosy.
If you have changed your mind about joining us, you have a 14 day "cooling off" period from the date you joined ENGIE, so if you change your mind just get in touch and we'll cancel your switch.
Please contact our customer service team, who will set up your account and go through our tariffs to find the best one for you. To ensure your account is set up correctly, if you could have your meter reads ready, we can bill you based from your start read.
- Where you haven’t been a customer of ENGIE previously, you can switch to us using the ‘get a quote’ section of the website, where you can complete a quote quickly at your convenience.
- Where you were a customer of ENGIE at your previous property and wish to take your current tariff to your new property, please contact the customer service team on 0800 280 8000 who will discuss your options with you.
We can take the tenant’s details from you only in the following instances due to GDPR and our policies:
- Where you have a tenancy agreement, signed by the new tenant that states you are permitted to provide the details to the energy supplier. We will need to receive a copy of the tenancy agreement to add these details.
- Where you have a signed LOA from the customer, and you provide us with a copy.
- If you are unable to provide the documents, we are not able to update the customer’s details.
- To make sure you receive your final bill as soon as possible, please provide us with a meter read from your moving date within 2 days, along with your forwarding address. The final bill will also show within your online My ENGIE account.
- Where you have given a meter reading you will receive your final bill within 7 calendar days. Please do not cancel your direct debit until your account has been closed after the final payment or refund has been provided.
- Where you haven’t provided a meter reading, your final bill can take up to 14 calendar days and will be estimated. Please do not cancel your direct debit until your account has been closed after the final payment or refund has been provided.